We hope this message finds you and your loved ones well. It has been nearly 3 months since New York State went “On Pause” and the CH was forced to close its doors. New York City has been turned upside down & our once “normal” way of life is no more.
The past three months have been a struggle for everyone, the CH included. We are happy to say that during this period of time we have been able to keep all of our staff on board, maintain the swimming pool so that there is no delay in reopening, and move most of our complimentary classes to Zoom.
To this point, we do not have a firm reopening date – though we are hoping it is much sooner rather than later. We would like to take this opportunity to address how the CH will adjust to the “new normal” way of life.
- Beginning on March 17, the CH was thoroughly deep cleaned & limited staff has been in the building since. The CH will undergo another deep cleaning prior to our reopening.
- All current memberships will be extended based on the amount of time we are closed. If your membership expired during the closure, upon our reopening, we will afford use of the CH facilities for the period of time your membership was in effect during the closure. If you would like to know the length of your membership extension, please send me an email.
- The building will remain open during the last two weeks in August, when we normally do routine maintenance.
While we do not know now exactly what will be required by New York State and New York City for the opening of a facility such as ours, we anticipate that some requirements may include:
- All members & staff wear a face covering in the common areas of the CH (i.e. hallways, gym, locker rooms)
- If you are feeling ill/have COVID-like symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-like symptoms that you stay home.
- Limiting the amount of people in the pool/locker room at one time during adult lap swimming and adult no lap swimming.
- Limiting the number of families for Family swim time.
- All of our complimentary classes will remain online for at least the summer months (July & August).
- More frequent cleaning and disinfecting which may necessitate partial closures of parts of the CH at times.
While some of these changes will surely be an inconvenience at times, they will not last forever. We ask for your patience as we try to navigate forward through this time. Once we have a better idea of when we can reopen, we will be sure to let you know.
We sincerely thank you for your support of the Community House. We can’t wait to welcome you back!